MODERN RUSSIAN GRAMMAR IN USE. A SYSTEMATIC REFERENCE AND PRACTICE BOOK (ASBUKA, München 2020) is a systematic reference grammar and workbook, designed to be used by Russian students at all levels. It covers basic, intermediate, and advanced grammar (levels A1-C1 of the CEFR) and is suitable both for self-study and classroom use. Due to the structure of the grammar, it can be used both as a supplement to any Russian textbook and as an independent textbook.
Each grammar topic is laid out as a TWO-PAGE SPREAD. On the left-hand page, students find an explanation and examples of the rules and structures being taught. The facing right-hand page contains exercises to check understanding and practice what has just been learned. The exercises and examples are intended to provide an impression of the EVERYDAY LIFE of Russians as well people, places and things that are important in Russian culture.
- Clear, easy-to-understand explanations of grammar rules
- Practice exercises based on common everyday situations
- Extra "real life" sections with additional tasks applying the grammar in everyday communication
- User-friendly layout: grammar and exercises on facing pages
- English translation of all Russian examples
- Grammar charts and info boxes with "at a glance" summaries
- Cross references to assist in locating information
- An answer key for all exercises